Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16596
APS6 Financial Accountant
Our client is responsible for national policies and programs that impact every Australian and the economy. This is a large department conveniently located in the city near shops and restaurants.
Join a supportive finance team who have a good working culture. This role is being offered as a 12 month non-ongoing contract. While those with experience in financial accounting in a Commonwealth Government Agency will be highly regarded, this also a great opportunity for high performers outside the Public Service to transition their career and learn how government operates from a mature team with well-established processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare a journals including monthly upload journals from different finance systems
- Prepare and upload the monthly actuals in CBMS to the Department of Finance
- Prepare various notes for the annual financial statements
- Liaise with various banks to gather rates on term deposits for the investment portfolio
- Prepare the balance sheet reconciliations
The Ideal Person
You are a degree qualified Accountant who has completed their CA/CPA or have strong progression towards. Ideally you will have experience in federal government delivering financial statements but you could also be coming from the private sector having done similar work. You would love an opportunity to join a team who truly works together to ensure outcomes are delivered for the organisations. You will be highly motivated, and with a pragmatic and reliable common-sense approach to new problems and situations. You will be known for your strong technical skills as well as your high level of attention to detail/analytical skills.
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity as you will be required to obtain an AGVSA baseline security clearance.
Salary / Rate
- $85K – $95K + Super or salary match for existing APS employees
- Permanent transfer or long term contract
- WFH 2 days / week if you wish
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
- You must be an Australian citizen and have a minimum baseline clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID 16596.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.