Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 8th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8930
APS6 Financial Accountant
Our client is a federal government agency located on the south side of Canberra who has been recently established. This small agency is undertaking projects to deliver IT infrastructure to Australians. This work environment is suitable for someone who enjoys problem solving.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to work with a small and friendly team working in the Financial Management, Budgeting & Planning Branch. The finance team is located in Canberra, Sydney, and Brisbane with this particular role being located in Canberra.
This is initially offered as a 6-12 month contract with a strong opportunity for longer term engagement after the initial contract. This also presents as a permanent transfer opportunity for a strong performer already in the APS.
Whilst those with experience in financial accounting in a Federal Government Agency will be highly regarded, those outside the Australian Public Service will be considered, particularly those who are experienced in fixed asset management and have an audit background in large, complex organisations. Australian Citizenship is essential.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Preparation of yearly financial and statutory reporting
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Cash flow management including daily updates, cash sweeps, and treasury forecasting
- Prepare and post journals to ensure all reports are accurate and reflective of the current financial position of the organisation
- Responsible for the preparation and checking monthly signoff of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all balance sheet entries are correct and within accounting requirements
- General ledger maintenance and processing journals
You are a degree qualified Accountant who has already completed your CA/CPA or has strong progress towards it. Experience with Government accounting frameworks will be well regarded however strong performers who have an audit background and strong technical accounting skills will be considered.
Applicant MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
c., $83k – $94k + super or equivalent hourly rate.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8930