Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9196
APS6 Financial Accountant
This is a small federal government agency that is cultural institution. Work with a team of people who have pride and care for their organisation and its outcomes. They are located within the Parliamentary triangle.
This opportunity would be great for someone who would like to work with a small and friendly team in Corporate Services. As this is a small Federal Government Agency, there will be an excellent variety of responsibilities. This role is initially offered as a 12-month contract with strong opportunity for permanency. This also could be a permanent transfer opportunity for a strong performer who is already in the Australian Public Service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements and associated working papers for audit
- Liaise with ANAO auditors for planning & end of year financial statements audit
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly BAS and annual FBT returns
- Cash flow forecasting and providing working papers to support investment decisions
- Updating and entry of estimates through CBMS for annual estimates adjustments for various budget round updates and updating monthly estimates profiles
- Updating and entry of actuals in CBMS for monthly & annual actual
- Completeness and accuracy of the fixed asset register
- Monitoring of the capital budget and WIP
You are a degree qualified Accountant who has already completed your CA/CPA or strong progression towards it. Experience with Government accounting frameworks will be well regarded however strong performers who have strong technical accounting skills will be considered.
Applicant MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
c., $80k – $93k + super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9196