Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 21st Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8562
APS6 Financial Accountant
This diverse Government organisation has uniquely commercial aspects to their revenues. Enjoy a great work environment and central Canberra location.
This role will be offered either as a contract or non-ongoing position to start. There are positive changes happening within the finance team as this team is growing, and it is great opportunity for someone who wants to get involved early and make the role your own.
Key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to:
- Investigate data and prepare input for the annual financial statements
- Assist with accounting processes and, prepare and check month end reconciliations
- Updating financial data into CBMS
- Assist with asset management processes
- Contributing to the development of, and assisting with the implementation of, improved financial management policies, processes, systems infrastructure, and procedures.
- Undertake general ad-hoc finance duties
You will be a career focused accounting professional with strong progress towards your CPA/CA if you haven’t completed it already. You will have the ability to hit the ground running and someone who can maintain a strong work ethic. This team is a close knit group where everyone helps their colleagues out. Experience and skills required for the role include;
- Strong, demonstrated experience in a similar role within a Government accounting environment.
- Previous training and experience with CBMS
- Highly developed skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
$80k – $90k + super or equivalent hourly rate
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8562.