Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8435
APS6 Financial Accountant
This large, complex Commonwealth Department manages diverse business requirements across the country. This client is well known for excellent working conditions and long term staff retention.
This organisation offers a chance to work with a motivated team of professional people in a diverse environment with interesting variety and challenges. They require experienced financial accountants at the APS6 level with financial statements, asset accounting and tax expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Investigate data and prepare input for the annual financial statements
- Carrying out complex accounting calculations and analytical work (e.g. employee provisions, surplus lease space) and assist in completing ad hoc tasks
- Contribute to responses to ANAO on matters raised relating to financial audit work
- Undertaking month-end accounting processes for departmental accounts, reviewing reconciliation and quality assurance work to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Undertaking the monthly external reporting to Finance for departmental accounts and preparing responses to their queries in relation to the financial results
- Liaising with Finance Business Partners and Finance Managers to identify and resolve financial management issues
- Monitoring, and proposing updates as required, of the departmental chart of accounts to ensure they are in compliance with various reporting requirements
- Providing technical accounting advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Contributing to the development of, and assisting with the implementation of, improved financial management policies, processes, systems infrastructure, and procedures.
The ideal person will possess the following:
- Qualified in accounting with CA / CPA
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be an Australian Citizen
- Current Baseline AGSVA security clearance
C., $80k – $90k + super. This is a permanent opportunity for a transfer
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8435.