Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8605
APS6 Finance Officer
Our client is a Federal Government Department that develops and implements policies and programmes to ensure the competiveness, profitability and sustainability of a broad range of Australian industries. They are centrally located and have nice modern offices.
Working in the Finance and Business Support Division, there are temporary and permanent opportunities available. This is a large department dealing with complex financial matters. It is a great opportunity for someone who wants to further develop their accounting career in government.
The role requires someone to have excellent people skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand and advise on the financial management framework within the guidelines of the PGPA Act 2013 and other legislation
- Guide and assist in the development and input of internal budgets and departmental reporting
- Manage monthly reporting processes for departmental, administered and capital budgets. This will include analysing results and preparing related variance commentary
- Assist with month end processes including accrual and journal reviews
- Improve the quality and timeliness of internal management reporting
The ideal person will have demonstrated experience in financial management accounting. They will be CA/CPA qualified or progressing towards this.
In addition to this, they will have:
- Demonstrated liaison, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence stakeholders through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Technology One would be highly desirable or other finance systems
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment with initiative in making changes to improve performance
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
C., $82K – $93K + super or equivalent hourly rate
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8605