Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 9th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12104
APS6 Energy Policy Officer
Our client is a large federal government department that drives growth and job creation for a more prosperous Australia, by facilitating economic transformation and boosting business competitiveness.
You will join a team that is responsible for improving the energy efficiency of commercial buildings through projects that support businesses to make informed energy choices and ensure industry can deliver improved energy efficiency.
There are multiple positions available within the Division on initial 6-month contracts with the option to extend for an additional 6 months. The Division is looking to build capability moving forward and there is potential for these contracts to become permanent in the future.
- Contribute to exciting and fulfilling work that makes a difference to Australia’s climate
- Join a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces innovative and strategic thinking
- Work with motivated and experienced leaders who encourage and support your development and career goals
- Engage with a range of stakeholders and establish strong networks within the sector
As there are multiple positions available duties will vary, however you can expect to:
- Conduct research and analysis on technical information to inform policy, incentivise industry and improve energy efficiency in Australia
- Provide timely and quality advice and responses to Departmental and Ministerial requests and correspondence
- Prepare and coordinate high quality reports, briefs and procurement documentation across the Department and other stakeholders
- Manage projects, including conducting procurement processes and managing contracts
- Provide secretariat support for large consultation processes involving a wide range of industry stakeholders
- Represent the Division or Department at meetings with other agencies, industry and external stakeholders
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a background in energy efficiency, climate change or building policy. You’ll also have the following:
- Ability to understand and interpret technical information to inform policy advice
- Strong communication and secretariat skills to support large industry consultation processes
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to produce briefs, contracts and research summaries
- Capacity to solve problems and develop innovative solutions
Salary / Rate
- $55 – $70 per hour + 9.5% Super
- Multiple 6-month contracts with 6-month extensions
- Potential to be made permanent in the long-term
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12104.