Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th May, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16118
APS6 & EL1 Policy Officers
The Department of Health delivers policies and programs and advises the Australian Government on health, aged care and sport. They work with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure better health for all Australians.
You’ll join the PBS Pricing Section, The Pricing and PBS Policy Branch, The Technology Assessment and Access Division. They support pharmaceutical supply, access, pricing, funding and usage practices in Australia. This is achieved through development and continued improvement of policies and programs – including the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
There are 3 x contract positions available at the APS6 or EL1 level.
You can be engaged in one of these positions on a labour hire contract for an initial 12 months, with a view to extension. This is a critical project and will ensure continuity post-election.
Be involved in a program that will:
- Provide you with experience on a critical reform piece in the health sector
- Advance your skills in critical thinking and analysis – this role offers a challenge in working with technical subject matter designed to stretch you
- Wide ranging impact for a large cross section of the Australian community
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist the negotiation of pricing for new/existing medicine listings on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Draft advice to the PBAC and other stakeholders on PBS pricing and estimates matters
- Assess and agree on financial models consistent with the advice of the PBAC
- Manage and track timelines for new, existing or amended listings for the PBS, including communicating and managing expectations across teams and the Division
- Undertake research, analysis, integration and evaluation of PBS data
- Draft a range of government documents including legislative instruments, briefings, media releases and responses to enquiries from a broad range of stakeholders
- Managing relationships with manufacturers, other Commonwealth agencies, and other internal and external stakeholders
Your Background and Experience
To be successful in this role, you need to have experience in a policy or program environment within federal government.
You will also have:
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret data and integrate information from a range of sources
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage collaborative and collegiate relationships with internal and external stakeholders and influence positive behaviours and outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to adapt communication to a variety of audiences
- Be a good team player working collegiately to meet tight and competing deadlines
- Highly collaborative and ‘can do’ work ethic, willing to work across teams to achieve program outcomes, and the ability to respond in a positive and flexible manner to change and uncertainty
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
- Have a Baseline security clearance
Salary / Rate
- 3 x 12-month contracts available with extension options
- Woden location with flexible work options available
- APS6: $60 – $70/hr + 10% super
- EL1: $70 – $90/hr +10% super
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16118.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.