Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th Sep, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11956
APS6/EL1 Policy Officer
Our client is a large federal government department whose role is to provide an environment in which all Australians can access and benefit from communication services, creative experiences and culture.
You will join the Digital Productivity Team that provides strategic and policy advice to the government on how to maximise the productivity benefits of the National Broadband Network (NBN), as well as issues relating to communications affordability and digital inclusion.
This is a 6-month contract with possible extension options available. It’s an opportunity to:
- Join a critical team within government (as high-speed broadband is increasingly important to individuals and businesses)
- Join a team that is well-respected within its Branch and has a focus on strong cultural team fit
- Secure a contract until March 2021 and avoid having to look for a new role during the difficult December/January period
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Use research and analysis (including data) to develop and refine policy options and reports for the consideration of government
- Provide secretariat support for a ministerial body, including making bookings and arrangements, preparing agendas and briefing material
- Assist with the preparation of general government briefing documents including question time briefs, senate estimates briefs, media releases and ministerial submissions
- Liaise and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including NBN Co, retailers and regulators
- Provide input on a range of media products, including speeches, media releases, talking points and website content
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have policy experience within a federal government environment, as well as the following skills:
- Research and data analysis (including competency in basic formulae and generation of graphs using Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which will assist you in building relationships with stakeholders
- Familiarity with record management systems and the Parliamentary Document Management System
- A basic understanding of telecommunications technologies will be highly regarded
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
- Have a Baseline security clearance
Salary / Rate
- $55 – $80 per hour + 9.5% super (includes 25% casual loading)
- 6 month contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 11956.