Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 2nd Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16401
APS6 - EL1 Human Resources Generalist
Our client is an Australian Government executive agency established to provide independent reports and recommendations to the community and governments on mental health services and outcomes in Australia. They provide cross-sectoral leadership on the policy, programs, services and systems that support better mental health and social and emotional wellbeing in Australia.
As a true HR generalist, you will have the opportunity to use your initiative, clear communication and strong interpersonal skills to deliver responsive human resources support services.
You will build strong working relationships while providing advice to the executive and staff on a wide range of human resource issues. Plus, you’ll develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the agency’s strategy.
Further develop your current APS experience by developing strategic policies and managing employee relations, workplace bargaining processes, recruitment and establishment services, performance development process, and learning and development initiatives.
You’ll be advising and reporting to the executive, and your work will directly contribute to high level decision making that affects health outcomes for Australians.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be responsible for providing advice and reports about the human resource performance, policies, processes and compliance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing advice to the Executive and staff on human resource issues at both a strategic and operational level
- Developing, revising and implementing the full range of Human Resources policies and procedures
- Managing, coordinating and undertaking day to day human resources operations including recruitment, establishment and liaising with the Department’s Shared Services regarding payroll services and staffing matters
- Managing the workplace bargaining process and provide workplace relations advice to the Executive
- Provide information and reports to Executive to support decision making
- Manage and oversee the performance development process
- Develop and implement the learning and development strategy, including induction processes
- Assist staff to understand and appropriately exercise their authority and delegations under the relevant legislation and Enterprise Agreement
The Ideal Person
You will have extensive experience in providing a wide range of high quality and responsive human resource services including developing and implementing HR policy and procedures, providing advice to executive, undertaking recruitment and implementation of learning and development strategies.
You will have experience in the APS and a high level understanding of relevant HR legislation and policy (compliance and regulation) and a strong ability to analyse, translate and communicate HR information for Executive and staff.
Experience in Australian Public Service Enterprise Bargaining will be highly regarded.
Salary / Rate
- $90K – $120K per year plus Super
- 12 Month non ongoing
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID. 16401
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.