Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Feb, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10590
APS6/EL1 Financial Accountant
Our client is a high-profile federal government organisation at the centre of policy development and service delivery. They aim to deliver innovative ways to assist the development and implementation of government policies as well as providing advice on how to solve the issues facing Australia.
Due to a MoG change that has affected this department, they are looking for an additional resource on a 6 month contract to join their team to help them complete a large body of work whilst assisting them with business as usual matters. Those with experience in financial accounting in a Commonwealth Government agency will be highly regarded, and high performers outside the public service will be considered, particularly those who have worked in large commercial organisations and have strong technical financial accounting skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements including processing of end of year journals and developing notes for audited financial statements
- Preparing and checking monthly signoff of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all balance sheet entries are correct and within accounting requirements
- General ledger maintenance and processing journals
- Supporting the ongoing development and maintenance of an appropriate trust accounting regime in accordance with AASB and Financial Reporting Rules
- Updating financial data into CBMS.
The role requires someone who can work well with a professional finance team and hit the ground running quickly to get across the work requirements. It requires an analytical, highly organised forward thinker with strong written and verbal communications skills who can problem solve and look at processes to improve them. This role will suit a CPA/CA who prides themselves on technical capabilities.
Applicants MUST be Australian citizens to be considered for this opportunity. An existing baseline security clearance will be highly desirable.
$80K – $120K + Super or equivalent hourly rate.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10590.