Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 14th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9077
APS6/EL1 External & Internal Budgets
This smaller Government entity is focussed on supporting important study and investigation-based initiatives. As a relatively small Agency, this role is an opportunity to make a genuine impact and contribute to programs that make a real difference.
Working at an organisation with a strong reputation and genuine progression potential, you will be offered the opportunity to work within a small team, with high quality mentoring, and a strong team environment. APS experience is a must as you will need well developed understanding of Federal Government processes, protocols, and systems. Temporary OR permanent transfers are welcome.
This position is accountable for managing internal and external budgeting including:
- Managing development, maintenance, monitoring and reporting on the entity’s budgets (external and internal)
- Deliver external and statutory financial reporting responsibilities including the production of the Portfolio Budget and Additional Estimates Statements, the Portfolio Budget Submissions and various other Department of Finance and Deregulation (DOFD) requirements
- Provide advice to departmental clients and external stakeholders about the department’s financial processes and procedures, including providing strategic policy advice, reports, briefings, and correspondence
- Build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships including engagement and collaboration with key stakeholders from relevant government departments to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation
- Develop New Policy Proposals
- Ensure financial reporting and correspondence are compliant with requirements, including CBMS
- Apply Commonwealth Budget knowledge to situations involving a high level of complexity and sensitivity which require considerable interpretation and analysis
- Manage tasks associated with the Commonwealth Budget process
- Review and maintenance of external and internal funding models
- Lead, coach, mentor, and performance manage a small team
You are likely to be a high performing government accountant, an expert in your field, who can deliver quality budgetary and management information requirements. You will work closely with the CFO, Deputy CFO and your team to develop the external budget processes and provide sophisticated internal budget advice.
You are a first-class communicator, enjoy a social/friendly workplace, and have smarts. Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CA/CPA) will be highly regarded as well as practical skills around financial statements.
Only Australian Citizens will be considered for this role.
$78k – $107k + 15.4% Super. Salary match for transfers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9077