Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16581
APS6 / EL1 External Budgets Officer
Our client is s Federal Government Department that focuses on the future sustainability of Australia by developing and implementing policies and programs.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is an external budgets specialist to bring their expertise to this newly created department. They are in the building phase so there is plenty of opportunity for you to share your ideas and help shape the direction of the function for the future.
You will be led by a well-respected CFO who is taking this department through the transformation period to ensure they are working as efficiently as possible with best practice in place. In the long term there will be opportunities to grow and develop as the department grows.
Contracts or permanent transfer from those already in the APS are welcome and encouraged.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and supporting the management of budget estimates including analysing and reviewing program estimate and costing models
- Maintaining timely and accurate estimates in Budget systems (CBMS and GEUS)
- Contributing to the preparation of Budget publications including the Portfolio Budget Statements and Additional Estimates Statements
- Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with senate estimate packs for senior stakeholders
- Assisting with briefing for Departmental representatives
- Maintaining supporting worksheets and procedures on budget processes and documentation
The Ideal Person
We are looking for a high performing government Accountant with excellent analytical skills who has an understanding government budget processes and enjoys the challenge of ensuring reporting requirements are met within timeframes. You will work with stakeholders across the business and have the ability to anticipate their expectation and, provide evidence-based recommendations on various funding strategies. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential along with very good writing ability.
Salary / Rate
- $85K – $115K + super or salary match for existing APS employees
- Permanent transfer or long term contract
- Fulltime position
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
You must be an Australian citizen and have a minimum baseline clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID 16581.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.