Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 15th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12171
APS6 / EL1 Executive Officer
This Federal Government Department designs and implements policies and programs designed to provide better health outcomes for all Australians. They achieve this through strengthening policy, program management, research and regulation among other things.
An opportunity exists for high performing EA looking to take the next step in their career, or an experienced Executive Officer looking for a change. This position involves working as part of a dynamic team within a complex and busy environment and would be an opportunity to sharpen your skills in a high volume and profile area. Demonstrate your leadership skills by stepping in to manage and lead a team and be rewarded with high performance. Initially a 12 month contract this role offers stability and strong extension prospects for the right candidate.
The duties of the role are to provide a high level of administrative and strategic support to the FAS, which includes:
- Working closely and collaboratively with the FAS to ensure priority matters are actioned appropriately
- Preparing, coordinating and proofing complex and/or sensitive correspondence, corporate documentation, submissions, speeches, talking points, briefing papers and other strategic communication and correspondence
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships and providing a high level of service to:
- the Senior Executive
- the Ministers’ Offices
- staff at all levels across the division and department
- senior officers in external agencies and organisations
- Undertaking work activities such as business planning, with an awareness of the possible impact on strategic or operational outcomes for the division
- Undertaking research and analysis, interpreting policy and providing advice to the FAS regarding the application of practices and procedures
The successful applicant will need to be an experienced Executive Officer or very senior. EA looking for the next step in their career. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential, as are a high level of judgement, proficient stakeholder management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities while working collaboratively in a busy, fast-paced environment. You will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, manage multiple priorities and respond flexibly in a high pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail, ability to exercise sound judgement and highly developed administrative, planning and organisational skills
- High level relationship management skills, together with the ability to build and sustain strong networks and relationships across the department and with external stakeholders
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and articulate manner
- Highly developed strategic planning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the department with a focus on innovation and teamwork
- Understanding of the operations of the department, knowledge of ministerial and parliamentary processes or the ability to quickly attain this.
An hourly rate of $60 – $75 per hour + 9.5% superannuation will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on experience. *Please note, this is inclusive of casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi or Thomas Haskell on 02 6108 4878 quoting Ref No. 12171