Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 27th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8564
APS6 Budget Strategy Officer
This agency provides crucial services and policies that impact every Australian and the economy. The Department is renowned for supporting their employees and ensuring career growth is a major focus.
Working within the Planning and Performance Unit who report to the CFO, this opportunity is initially offered as a 6 month non-ongoing contract with the potential to extend for a longer term.
This is a great role for someone who enjoys variety in their tasks. This team looks after corporate governance, performance reporting and elements of the external budget process, so you can expand your knowledge and skills across these areas.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Preparing Expenditure Review Committee submissions
- Preparing ministerial briefs and letters for internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing Budget publication including the Portfolio Budget Statements and Additional Estimates Statements
- Assisting with the strategic oversight of the budget process and have an understanding of the agency’s policies and priorities
- Liaising and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders on budget related issues
The ideal person will have excellent interpersonal skills. This person will also have previous government experience and have an understanding of the PGPA Act. You will have demonstrated high level coordination and organisational ability to ensure personal and team outputs are being met in line with agreed performance requirements and deadlines. You will also have the ability to influence stakeholders through strong verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens and have a Baseline security clearance to be considered for this opportunity.
$85K – $93K + 15.4% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8564.