Connect with Siobahn on email, or via, via
POSTED 10th Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16474
APS6 and EL1 People Strategy
The client is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of supports and services. They are the dedicated national regulator of disability service providers in Australia.
Multiple opportunities available in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and South Australia. This is an opportunity to you work in an organisation that truly makes a difference to the lives of vulnerable Australians by:
- Upholding the rights of, and promoting the health, safety and wellbeing of, people with disability receiving supports or services
- Developing a nationally consistent approach to managing quality and safeguards for people with disability receiving supports or services
- Promoting the provision of advice, information, education and training to NDIS providers and people with disability
Working as the APS6 Senior Advisor of People Strategy, you will be responsible for:
- Helping the development and implementation of strategies to mature the Commission’s workforce planning capability and outcomes
- Assisting with the design, development and delivery of evidence based expert advice and fit for purpose HR solutions, strategies, and best practice frameworks that respond to current and future business needs and priorities
- Assisting in the development and delivery of high-level strategies such as Talent Acquisition, Retention, and Succession planning
- Researching, interpret and provide sound advice in accordance with relevant industrial instruments
- Providing advice on a range of HR policies and processes including WHS and Injury Management
- Managing the smooth delivery of various HR projects within appropriate timeframes and budget
Your Background and Experience
Working as the Assistant Director of People Strategy, you will be responsible:
- Engaging with Senior Executive and other managers to gain buy in and support in order to improve the Commission’s workforce planning
- Provide high-level workforce planning advice including timely and accurate analysis of the Commission’s workforce to provide insights, and monitor progress against strategic workforce targets.
- Prepare briefs, presentations and policies for the Executive Leadership Team
- Supporting senior managers to align their business needs to broader people strategies and policies
- Provide prompt and accurate HR advice to a range of stakeholders
- Lead and deliver the full spectrum of HR services in an APS regulatory organisation
The Ideal Person
To be successful in this role you will have a positive contemporary attitude to people with disability and have the following capabilities:
- Experienced HR generalist with HR leadership abilities
- Experienced in coordinating a broad range of human resource projects that impact on strategic and/or operational outcomes
- Independent, accountable, able to work under pressure in a diverse workplace, with solid problem-solving skills and the ability to manage a geographically dispersed team in a virtual setting and inspire others
- High quality written and verbal communication and good judgement.
- Ability to contribute to team and division priorities and to draw linkages across functions and the organisation
- Experience in managing relationships with stakeholders, including collaborating to achieve outcomes
- Degree-qualified, accredited as a HR practitioner (or currently undergoing accreditation) or has extensive experience as a HR generalist
You must be an Australian citizen. You must be willing to undergo a police check. You must have a Baseline security clearance or be willing to undergo one.
Salary / Rate
- $86K – $122K per year plus 15.4% Super
- Ongoing or S26 Transfer
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16474