Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8852
APS5 WHS Officer
Our client is a specialist government agency and statutory authority that plays a critical role in Australia’s democracy.
This is an opportunity to work in a supportive team to develop and implement programmes for the proactive assessment and management of WHS risks.
This is a great opportunity for high performing APS4 staff members who wants to move up a level or for a current APS5 looking for a change.
The Work, Health and Safety (WHS) Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the agency is compliant with all WHS legislation responsibilities and ensure that all roles under both the Enterprise Agreement and WHS legislation are filled and that the officers have the appropriate requirements to fulfil their roles.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing professional and policy advice on WHS legislation
- Assisting in the development and implementation of WHS procedures, guidelines and policies
- Conducting risk assessments and workplace audits to understand the nature of workplace risk and identify effective ways to reduce risks
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a safety management system
- Management of the agency’s incident reporting processes and responsibilities under the due diligence framework
- Assisting in the facilitation and management of the relevant nomination and training for roles required under the WHS legislation
- Monitoring and reporting on costs associated to WHS and related programs
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive can do attitude and a passion for helping people.
You will have a high degree of professionalism with relevant qualifications in work health and safety/injury management, or in the process of obtaining these qualifications.
You will also have to be familiar with and work within the guidelines of the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988, Work Health and Safety Act 2011, the Public Service Act 1991.
$48 – $53 per hour plus Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8852