Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 9th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12081
APS5 to EL2 Costing Accountants
This Federal Department performs a critical function for Australia’s domestic and broader interests. The current and upcoming work is fast paced, complex and high profile as the Government responds to the challenges of economic recovery. We have worked extensively with this team who hire and retain high performing finance professionals.
This is an opportunity to join a team (roles from APS5 – EL2 level) where you will be costing a very broad range of business activities relating to NPPs as well as new business initiatives.
You will develop and manage cost models as the department progresses towards an ABC model. This department works on large projects which are complex and multifaceted, and you will find a fascinating array of interesting subject matter.
You will be supported by highly capable managers / SES who will provide autonomy for you to apply your skills and experience to add value to projects of national interest. In this role, you can make a tangible contribution to Australia’s economic recovery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and develop costing models and templates to deliver accurate and timely financial information to the executive to facilitate decision making
- Assist with the costing of new policy proposals and major business initiatives
- Support the PMO and Investment Committee by checking costing and assumptions from across the department
- Undertake the development of projection models, performance indicators and monitoring tools
- Support the development of activity based costing models for specialised business activity and services
- Review and refine cost allocation methodologies and assumptions to continuously improve the function
- Undertake the preparation of internal reports for submission to the Senior Executive
- Work closely with other business stakeholders to identify and advise on key cost drivers
- Review performance and assumptions against industry benchmarking data to help identify improvement opportunities
- Assist with budget and forecasting tasks
You will be a high performing analytical management accountant with strong costing experience. You have advanced problem-solving capabilities and the ability navigate the ‘grey’ areas to produce defensible costing assumptions.
You have a strong understanding of Commonwealth Government external budgets and costings protocols and enjoy financial modelling.
CA/CPA qualifications (or progress towards) would be favourable but not essential.
Australian citizenship and a minimum Baseline security clearance is required.
- $60 – $90/hr + Super or equivalent salary (depending on the APS level)
- 6 – 12 month hourly rate contracts with potential for permanency or extensions
- Temporary or permanent transfers will be considered for high performers
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 12081.