Connect with Tom on email, or via, via
POSTED 13th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11982
APS5 Secretariat/Policy Support Officer
Our client is a large federal government department that encompasses a broad portfolio of agencies helping to improve the livelihoods of all Australians. They are a multifaceted department focused on supporting and advancing the wellbeing of people and families in Australian communities through social policy initiatives and programme delivery.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with previous APS secretariat experience to secure a longer-term contract position within an important department.
- While initially offered as a 6 month hourly rate contract, there are extension possibilities
- Work within a branch responsible for focussing on supporting and advancing the wellbeing of families
- Ideal for an individual with strong coordination abilities at the APS4 level to reach the next step in their career
The secretariat and policy support role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Secretariat support for the procurement team’s governance arrangements
- Provide meeting support including the development of agendas, preparation of minutes and managing an action items register
- Support the development of meeting papers, slide decks and talking points
- Provide wider administrative support including meeting logistics, telephone/email enquiries, preparation of Executive reports, and management of accounts receivables and payables
- Contribute to broader policy thinking to support the procurement team
Your Background and Experience
To be successful for the APS5 Secretariat/Policy Support position you will have:
- Exceptional communication skills i.e. experience with writing and preparing briefing material
- Strong time management and coordination skills
- Preferably secretariat experience
- While not essential, policy experience is desirable
- You must have a Baseline security clearance and Australian citizenship to apply
Salary / Rate
- $50 – $53/hr + 9.5% Super
- 6 month contract with extension possibilities
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Haskell on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 11982.