Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 23rd Dec, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12671
Our client is a federal government department that develops and implements policies and programs to ensure Australia’s agricultural, fisheries, food, environment and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable.
There is an opportunity for an experienced APS4 to refine their skills in secretariat and take the next step in their career. Working in the Strategic Planning and Engagement section, this team coordinates and facilitates the division’s engagement in national and international plant health fora and supports the Australian Government’s leadership in these fora. The section also coordinates strategic planning for building national biosecurity capability and the delivery of projects funded through two specific administered programs.
- Initial 6 month contract with further extension options
- Contribute to plant health in Australia and play an active role in minimising biosecurity risks
- Excellent culture and supportive team
The successful applicant will deal with a range of issues relating to national plant biosecurity and provide high quality secretariat services. Responsibilities include:
- Provision of high-quality secretariat services and coordination activities, predominantly to the sub-committees of Australia’s Plant Health Committee, as well as support to Australian Government members on these subcommittees
- Providing policy advice
- Liaising with state/territory departments of agriculture, Plant Health Australia and other stakeholders to progress and effectively develop and implement plant biosecurity and preparedness policies and programs
- Assisting progress in other branch and divisional initiatives
Your Background and Experience
You will come from a plant health and research background or be an experienced APS administrator or secretariat looking for their next challenge. In addition, you will have:
- A demonstrated ability in policy development and excellent writing skills
- Well-developed liaison, engagement and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own work
- Good conceptual and analytical skills and ability to solve problems
- An interest in biosecurity and an ability to understand and engage with technical detail
- A demonstrated ability in managing a secretariat to support intergovernmental committees would be desirable
- Knowledge of plant health and biosecurity issues and associated department arrangements would be advantageous
Salary / Rate
- $52 – $58 per hour + 9.5% Super (depending on experience)
- 6 month contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12671.