Connect with Abbie on email, or via, via
POSTED 25th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16692
APS5 Project Officer
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry is a large federal government department that develops and implements policies and programmes that minimise our environmental impact, advocate for cultural heritage and environmental protection and manage biosecurity risk to the country to ensure safe trade and market access for plants and animals fuelling farming, research and industry.
With a reputation for having an excellent culture, combined with their subject matter expertise, you will really feel the impact of working here.
Joining the Biosecurity Strategy and Reform Division will give you the security of a 12-month labour-hire contract with a possibility of extension. In this career-defining opportunity, you will enhance Australia’s biosecurity preparedness which protects our environment, communities and people. This team stress tests Australia’s emergency response to pest and disease outbreaks to ensure we have a strong response and ability to contain.
- This is a high-profile division with an opportunity to assist with the planning, development, and delivery of the exercise
- Protect Australians and our environment against pests and disease outbreaks
- Work with relevant stakeholders to plan the exercise series
- Assist with developing exercise plans and documentation such as an exercise schedule
- Assist with developing exercise evaluation plans and tools
- Organising exercise delivery logistics
- Assist with the development of exercise strategies which may include, but not limited to, risk management, media and an observer program
Your Background and Experience
You will have a demonstrated experience with evaluation, facilitation, training development, project management or event management, and prior experience with:
- Managing external and internal stakeholder relationships
- Secretariat experience
- High quality communication skills, with an ability to tailor written and oral products to a variety of audiences
- Strong research, analysis, and synthesis skills
To be successful in this role you must:
- Hold a Baseline Clearance or have the ability to obtain
- Be an Australian Citizen
Salary / Rate
- APS5: $48 per.hr – $55 per.hr + 10.5% super
- 12-month labour-hire contract
- Canberra based team
- Option for remote work arrangements for the right person
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Abbie Seddon on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID. 16692
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.