Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 25th Apr, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8978
APS5 Procurement Officer - Multiple Positions
Our client is a government agency that focuses on procurement within the Australian residential housing market. Their principal procurement activities are centred around acquiring and developing land and constructing and purchasing houses.
The agency offers employees an attractive suite of employment conditions including flexible working arrangements, generous leave entitlements, Christmas shutdown and learning and development opportunities.
This is an opportunity to see significant career progression in a short timeframe as you will support the end-to-end delivery of procurement processes.
You will gain experience in the government procurement sector – an area that has seen significant expansion recently and a shortage of candidates. With this experience, you’ll be in high demand for future roles.
This is a 12-month non-ongoing role with possible extension for the right candidate.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake end-to-end management of procurement processes from tender plan to contract, probity management and contract evaluation
- Liaise internally and provide guidance on procurement needs
- Undertake research and data analysis to provide accurate advice to the business
- Prepare and review documented business procedures and processes
- Manage workflow dashboards and action requests to progress and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Oversee data collection, reporting, data integrity, and input activities
This role will be highly suited to you if you have experience in the government procurement environment. However, if you are a dedicated and proactive candidate with experience in other areas of government (policy/program/projects) at the APS5/6 level, this could be your chance to break into the expanding procurement space.
The perfect candidate for this role will be analytical and a critical thinker. You will have project management skills and be highly organised in managing competing deadlines and priorities.
You must be able to build productive and positive working relationships and have excellent communication skills (including written, verbal and interpersonal).
An understanding of procurement and contract management principles will be highly regarded.
$73,000 – $80,000 + 15.4% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8978