Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 8th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9321
APS5 Financial Accountant
Our client is a Federal Government Department that develops and implements policies and programmes to ensure the competitiveness, profitability and sustainability of a broad range of Australian industries. They are centrally located with modern offices and a healthy work culture.
This role is initially offered as a 6-12-month contract with a strong opportunity for permanency. This role is also being offered as a permanent transfer opportunity for a high performer already in the Australian Public Service.
You will be working under a high performing and engaging Director who will be there to train you and develop your career in government. You will have the chance to work in a complex environment undergoing change and will get broad exposure in a supportive environment.
Australian Citizenship is essential.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Complete month end processes to deliver internal and external reporting, including preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss and lead schedules
- Assist with month end, including general journal preparation and review
- Complete accounts payable processes to ensure payment of creditors, process ACM drawdowns and cash management
- Assist with the preparation of end of year financial statements
- Assist in analysing finance processes for continuous improvement, including developing new processes and review and update existing policies and procedures
- Other tasks as required
You are a career-focused accounting professional with strong progress towards your CA/CPA if you haven’t already completed it already. You are outcomes focused, thrive on delivering results and are committed to delivering high-quality work. You will have a great attitude and a friendly personality.
High performers with existing experience with Government accounting frameworks or Big4 accounting backgrounds will be highly regarded. Australian Citizenship is mandatory for this role and you will require a security clearance before commencing work.
$73k – $79k + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9321