Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th May, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11190
APS5 Financial Accountant
This high-profile department offers a chance to work with a motivated team of professionals in a diverse environment with interesting variety and challenges. Located in the Parliamentary Triangle, this is a great department to gain experience in and is looked upon positively by other APS employers.
Our client is looking for an APS5 Financial Accountant to join the departmental team on a 6 to 12-month contract. You will be joining a small tight knit team who enjoy working with each other and would organise social events (pre COVID-19 and social distancing measures). There is also opportunity to expand your skillset in the broader financial accounting team with a Director and Assistant Director who will provide you training, guidance and mentorship. This is a vacant position so there is strong potential to become permanent in the APS.
As the Financial Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements, including liaising with the ANAO and preparing accounting position papers
- Preparing monthly financial accounting duties, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with lease accounting in accordance with accounting standards
- Asset accounting, including the maintenance of the asset register, coordinating the annual stocktake and valuations
- Assisting in the preparation of BAS and FBT returns.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the nature of financial reporting and wants to be part of a team that have a strong work ethic. You will be known for your strong technical accounting skills as well as your high attention to detail and accuracy.
You will be a degree qualified Accountant with strong progression towards your CA/CPA however this is not mandatory. Big4 accounting backgrounds or experience with auditing government financial statements will be highly regarded.
Applicants MUST be Australian citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
$80K – $85K + Super.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 11190.