Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th Jan, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8465
APS5 Finance Officer
This Federal Government Department located in the city with a large finance opportunity with opportunity to grow your career.
This is initially a 6 month non-ongoing contract working on the Department’s payroll. High performers are consistently retained and often promoted through the ranks of the finance team so this is a great chance to get your foot in the door.
Key duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of budgets and financial performance
- Assist with month end processes including commitment reporting, accruals, journals, variance analysis, reconciliations and distribution of reports
- Process departmental leave liabilities for both transfers in and out.
- Assist with property expenses related tasks and asset commissioning
- Build relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
The ideal person will have:
- Strong, demonstrated experience in a similar role within a Government accounting environment.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management process, and the use of financial management information systems
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Microsoft Excel and Word
- An ability to develop productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Good communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Applicant must be an Australian Citizen
$70k – $77k + 15.4% super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8465.