Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 15th May, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10795
APS5 Finance Officer
Our client is a small Commonwealth Government agency responsible for managing a portfolio of terrestrial and marine protected areas. The agency’s work focuses on protecting biodiversity and heritage in Commonwealth reserves and conservation zones.
This role is being offered until the end of October and will suit a motivated Finance Officer who has a customer service focus and enjoys communicating with other people. You will have the opportunity to deal with multiple stakeholders from across Australia who are passionate about the work they do.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring cash balances and daily banking
- Undertaking debtor reporting and managing the debt recovery process and prepare claims for payment
- Monitoring and maintaining the finance helpdesk, responding and resolving stakeholder queries
- Providing advice and guidance to internal stakeholders on financial policies and procedures
- Assisting with accounting transactions such as end of month processing
- Supporting the team with the preparation of month end and end of financial year reporting and provide administrative support.
The ideal person will be an experienced Finance Officer with federal government experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable. It will suit someone who enjoys working within well-defined and structured processes.
You will have excellent attention to detail and possess excellent organisation and time management skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are equally important as being able to work within the team will be critical to your success in this role.
Experience with SAP will be highly desirable.
Applicants MUST be Australian citizen and have an existing AGVSA baseline security clearance.
$70K – $80K + Super or equivalent hourly rate.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10795