Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8537
APS5 Finance Officer
Our client is a Federal Government agency who fund research partnerships between Australia and other countries around the world. They are located on the north side of Canberra.
This is a 9 month contract opportunity and is great for someone who is looking to develop their Government career. This role reports to the Financial Accountant for the financial operations function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Arranging payments on all accounts, analysing data entry and monitoring quality of data
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts and following up on outstanding deposits and unpresented cheques
- Raise debtor invoices
- Assisting with the reconciliation of credit cards and processing of relevant entries
- Processing of credit card statements and direct debit transactions in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc finance duties when required
The ideal person will have Accounting experience in financial operations functions, especially in accounts payable.
In addition to this you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability in preparing and processing financial data in a financial management information system
- Demonstrated liaison and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence stakeholders through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Applicant MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8537