Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 23rd May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9133
APS5 Finance and Governance Officer
Our client is a major Commonwealth government department that designs and implements the policies and programs to protect and conserve the environment, water and heritage, promote climate action, and provide adequate, reliable and affordable energy to meet future energy consumption needs.
This is a unique opportunity as the department has the view to transition the successful candidate into a permanent role in the future. Initially, the contract will be for 3-6 months.
In this role you will enjoy a fantastic work culture where your supervisor is invested in your learning and development. You will join the Financial Frameworks team; a collaborative and cohesive team focused on driving change and problem solving.
As a member of the Financial Frameworks team, you will play a critical role in ensuring the department’s compliance with the PGPA Act and Rule, Accountable Authority Instructions and financial delegations.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage enquiries and requests for information through the Financial Governance mailbox and Help Desk by coordinating the receipt, providing timely and accurate advice to stakeholders, and escalation of these inquiries and requests as required
- Reviewing and approving Official Hospitality and Business Catering requests and reconciliations
- Supporting, reviewing and finalising breaches, including providing compliance advice to stakeholders regarding requirements and obligations and escalation as required
- Contributing to business improvement strategies and change in the workplace
- Maintaining the Framework Approvals and Compliance Tool (FACT)
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Commonwealth financial administration role. You will be a highly motivated person who is ready to drive change, challenge assumptions and ask questions. You will have strong communication skills and be comfortable talking to people at high levels.
It will be desirable to have the following:
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Commonwealth financial framework that governs the department’s financial operations, primarily the PGPA Act
- The ability to work independently and prioritise work load to achieve results
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work collaboratively to respond to changing demands
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively and implement change
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to cultivate, negotiate and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You must be an Australian citizen.
$48 – $53 per hour + 9.5% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9133