Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 30th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9155
APS5 Executive Assistant
Our client is a central government agency that provides high-quality advice and support to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet, Portfolio Ministers and Assistant Ministers to achieve a coordinated and innovative approach to the development and implementation of Government policies.
Working to an accomplished, high performing and generally very well respected SES Band 1, you will be at the forefront of all executive support activities and act as their ‘right-hand man’. Whilst initially offered on a 12-month contract due to the branch doubling in size, it is possible the role will be a permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
This busy and fast-paced role will support all aspects of executive support including diary and inbox management.
Working in a tight-knit and high-performing team, your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage diary bookings, room bookings, invites and agendas for meetings and appointments and events
- Being the first point of contact for the Executive
- Prepare various forms of written documentation, including emails, ministerial briefs, submissions, and letters
- Co-ordinate travel; including flight and accommodation booking, travel allowances and reimbursements
- Management of simple procurement and accounts payable processes as required
- General administrative tasks as required
The successful candidate will need to be an experienced APS EA with experience working in busy and fast-paced environments under time pressures. Working to several stakeholders and managing competing priorities, this role will suit someone that is happy to manage a never-ending ‘to-do’ list and thrives being busy.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience as an EA in an APS context
- Some secretariat experience
- Proven administration capability and the ability to work across a number of areas; events, logistics, and other coordination tasks
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement
Due to security requirements, a current minimum NV1 clearance is required. The successful candidate also must be prepared to upgrade to an NV2.
A competitive salary of $69,000 – $75,000 + 15.4% super will be offered to the preferred candidate, depending on experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9155