Connect with Tom on email, or via, via
POSTED 3rd Aug, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16755
APS5 Enquiries Officer
About the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide
The newly established Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide will inquire into systemic issues and common themes related to defence and veteran death by suicide, including the possible contribution of pre-service, service, transition, separation, and post-service issues.
It will be conducted independently of Government and will be informed by individual experiences of defence members, veterans and their families and support networks.
The Royal Commission will make recommendations, including recommendations about any policy, legislative, administrative, or structural reforms.
Secure a long-term contract within the newly set-up Royal Commission. The successful candidate will be engaged on an 18-month contract within the Counselling and Enquiry Support Section of Operations Branch.
- Secure a sought-after and rewarding APS position to support vulnerable peoples
- Work within a supportive and collaborative team environment that focusses on staff-wellbeing
- City-based location with easy access to shops, cafes, and public transport
You will join the Enquiry or Counselling and Support Section of the Operations Branch to help achieve correspondence priorities for the Royal Commission.
You will perform the following:
- Provide quality and timely responses to all email and written correspondence from external stakeholders and the public
- Provide clear, transparent information and responses consistent with a trauma-informed approach, to manage escalated and complex calls and enquiries
- Provide telephone line support for all incoming calls to be serviced between Monday and Friday 9am – 5pm
- Foster productive working relationships with all business areas and external stakeholders to ensure timely communication
- Records management and maintenance – ensure the capture of information on all incoming calls, emails, and written correspondence
- Contribute to the team operating frameworks, policies, and procedures, and develop communication material
Your Background and Experience
Strong candidates for this role will have previous demonstrated experience working and operating in a similar environment.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following key skills and competences:
- Qualification/work experience in fields such as social work, counselling, psychology, community services, client services and related service delivery
- Demonstrated experience in a trauma-informed service managing high volume
- Calls and correspondence
- Highly developed sense of initiative, excellent judgement and demonstrated willingness to be proactive and collaborative
- Able to effectively multitask, strong judgement and collaborative skills
- Effective communication skills, including being able to confidently communicate requests and instructions for individuals and groups
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work
To be eligible for this role you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a Baseline Security Check process and police check
Salary / Rate
$50 – $55 per hour + super
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Haskell on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16755
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities, and backgrounds.