Connect with Tabatha on email, or via, via
POSTED 9th May, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16287
APS5 - EL1 Risk Officers - Expressions of Interest
We reverse traditional recruiting models, so you are the focus of our recruiting efforts – we tailor our service to ensure we find you the best possible fit.
HorizonOne Recruitment has a consistent flow of Risk Officer positions available. These roles range from short term (3 months) to long term (12 months or more) labour hire and non-ongoing contracts, as well as permanent s26 transfer positions. It is very common for high performing contracting candidates to receive repeated extensions on their contracts or secure permanency in the APS.
Join the HorizonOne community by expressing your interest below. We can then have a chat about your motivations and needs and find a role to suit your career goals and lifestyle.
This is an opportunity to:
- Secure long-term labour hire contracts with extensions in the APS
- Work in fast-paced and rewarding environments
- Join supportive team environments with a positive work culture
- Enjoy opportunityies for career development
As a Risk Officer you will often be responsible for:
- Enhancing, implementing, communicating and maintaining the risk management framework, policies and processes
- Facilitating the maintenance of risk registers and ensure that risk controls and treatment plans are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Investigating and analysing data with respect to reportable incidents and ‘near misses’ in terms of reducing risks within the workplace
- Preparing risk reports for the leadership team and the departments Audit Committee
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training and assist managers to conduct risk assessments
The Ideal Person
To be successful in this role, you will have a Risk and Governance background within a government environment.
You will also have:
- Understanding of and demonstrated experience in contemporary risk management principles and practices and management of corporate governance frameworks
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare written reports and presentations for senior management consideration
- Demonstrated ability to provide timely and sound risk management support and advice
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating risk workshops to assist teams in identifying, understanding and capturing risk information
- Sound understanding of and the ability to interpret relevant legislation, including the work health and safety act 2011, fair work act 2009, and the privacy act 1988
To be eligible for the role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
- Have or be willing to obtain a Baseline security clearance
Salary / Rate
- Negotiable based on experience
- $50 – $90 per hour plus 10% super (includes casual loading)
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tabatha Gallaway on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16287.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.