Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 22nd Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16679
APS5 Aurion Payroll Officer
This unique government organisation provides a valued service to the local community and the nation. Their policies and programs enable workers to perform their duties while providing discipline specific clinical advice to help manage claims safely and confidently with a focus on rehabilitation, return to work and health outcomes.
As the Payroll Officer, you will play an integral role in delivering payroll services and will provide detailed interpretive advice on employee entitlements in accordance with legislation and policies. You will have the chance to work on more complex payroll processing tasks to expand your skills and experience within payroll.
As the APS5 Payroll Officer, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Participate in a customer focused service desk for employees and provide sound, timely and accurate advice to employees on pay, conditions, policy, processes and systems
- In consultation with the Payroll Team Leader, manage and resolve complex payroll and workers compensation matters
- Provide advice and support to employees and stakeholders on specialist people issues
- Undertake processing within the required timeframes to ensure the delivery of pay-run is met
- Actively develop and maintain working relationships across internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of procedures and processes
- Guide and mentor team members
The Ideal Person
To be successful in this role you will have a demonstrated high level working knowledge and understanding of the APS pay and conditions legislation, policies and procedures in administering a payroll function along with the ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
You will have an excellent attitude with strong attention to detail and clear, concise communications skills. You will be confident and able to identify process improvements and streamline where possible. You will be a go-getter, with a positive and approachable manner, looking to commit to your next role and contribute to the organisation.
Salary / Rate
- $80K – 85K per year plus Super
- 6 Month Non-ongoing
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID. 16679
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.