Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16583
APS5 Aurion Payroll Officer
Our client is a Federal Government Department that develops and implements policies and programs to ensure Australia’s agricultural, fisheries, food and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable, and sustainable. With approximately 5000 staff nationwide, they have excellent career opportunities for someone looking to pursue a career in agriculture, biosecurity and sustainability.
Multiple opportunities exist for an experienced Aurion Payroll Officer at the APS5 level. You will be working within the Payroll Services Section providing a payroll service integrating a range of tasks including conditions of service and payroll processing for the entire employee lifecycle which encompasses commencement, prior service, leave liability, superannuation, leave management, payment of allowances, deductions, salary maintenance, workers compensation, overseas employees, salary packaging, pay run, employee debt management and exits.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will provide high-level payroll services to over 7,000 employees. As a Senior Payroll Officer, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage a team of payroll officers and meet all departmental management obligations including performance management, WH&S obligations and performance agreement setting
- Train and mentor payroll officers to ensure they are able to competently undertake all pay processing tasks
- Hold coaching sessions with each staff member in the team and provide regular and consistent feedback
- Complete complex payroll processing / tasks such as incentive to retire and voluntary redundancy
- Undertake fortnightly end of pay / after pay reporting on a rotating basis
- Complete checking in designated timeframes as required within the team to ensure quality outputs
- Manage escalations and prepare complex correspondence and provide accurate and timely advice to customers
- Communicate effectively with a range of clients and stakeholders
- Perform system testing for the Payroll Services Section as required
The Ideal Person
As an experienced Payroll Officer, you will have an excellent attitude with strong attention to detail and clear, concise communications skills. You will be confident and be able to identify process improvements and streamline where possible. You will be a go-getter, with a positive and approachable manner, looking to commit to your next role and contribute to the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in Aurion and enjoy sharing your knowledge with other team members.
Salary / Rate
- $45 – $55 an hour plus super
- 6 Month Contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID. 16583
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.