Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 28th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9158
APS5/APS6 Policy Officers
Our client is a central government agency that provides high quality advice and support to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet, Portfolio Ministers and Assistant Ministers to achieve a coordinated and innovative approach to the development and implementation of Government policies. Given the high performing nature of the Branch and overall Department, this is the right opportunity for a high performing APS5’s and APS6’s to take on if they’re ambitious and eager to get to the next level.
This is a great opportunity to secure a long-term contract with security in knowing you’ll be employed through to June 2020. There are various positions available across both the APS5, APS6 and EL1 level so a great opportunity to get in whilst they are building the team and contribute to the direction of this Taskforce. For candidates who are passionate about social policy – in particular providing solutions to address entrenched disadvantage and some of society’s most intractable social problems – this is a rare and exciting opportunity.
In this role you will work at the forefront of major social policy matters advising the Executives within the Department, and working with stakeholders and other departments across the public service to ensure the Government’s social policy initiatives are developed and implemented collaboratively, efficiently and deliver the intended impact.
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Providing advice to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet and its committees
- Working with various government agencies on policy development and implementation
- Contributing to the Budget process and forming relationships with external stakeholders to inform policy advice
- Undertaking research and analysis tasks required by the Taskforce – in particular, looking at initiatives across all levels of government, the private and non-profit sectors and internationally to help inform strategy
- Assisting with the consultation process for developing the SII strategy (this may include assistance with drafting an issues/discussion paper and logistical support for consultations with relevant stakeholders)
- Supporting operations within the Taskforce including; secretariat support, finance and contract management and other administrative based tasks
The ideal candidate will have social policy experience and have worked in either the Department of Social Services, the Department of Human Services or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs etc.
You will have a demonstrated ability to:
- Grasp new and broad concepts
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Think strategically and solve problems
- Write clearly and persuasively
- Experience in preparing correspondence and briefs
- Build productive relationships
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
For a few of the positions, it would be highly desirable for the candidate to have experience in costing policy proposals in accordance with the Department of Finance’s requirements.
Due to security requirements, candidates must have a current Baseline security clearance in order to be considered.
A competitive rate of $55 – $65 per hour + 9.5% super will be offered to the successful candidate. **Pease note, this rate includes casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9158