Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8416
Our client is a high-profile Government Department and a sought-after employer for career climbers. If you are looking for future progression, time spent here will set you up well.
The role is offered as a contract initially for 6 months, but it is available as a permanent vacancy for future hiring. The Department is strong at promoting within and supporting skills development and we would regard them as an employer of choice.
This role primarily involves analysis and reporting on key financial and performance data for the area.
You will work closely with your team and other stakeholders to:
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly expenditure and management reports
- Put together month-end accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Liaises with cost centre and project managers to gather and check expense data for expenditure reporting
- Analyse current budget performance against expectation and identify trends / opportunities to improve
- Provide general financial assistance and support to the Branch as required
- Back-up the financial processing area as needed
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and other tasks to support the team
This role is a great development opportunity for a career orientated APS5 Accountant. It requires existing Government accounting experience at federal level or potentially as a transition from Big4 financial consulting. You will need to hit the ground running with your understanding of Government financial frameworks and processes.
In addition to Government accounting experience, we are seeking strong communication skills in your verbal and written work, excellent systems skills including Excel and a minimum Baseline security clearance.
CA/CPA also preferred or at least strong progress towards this.
c., $50/hr + super as a contract rate.
Please get in touch now for a confidential discussion.
This role doesn’t tick the boxes for you? Please get in touch if you meet the experience requirements as we also have permanent transfer opportunities available.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8416