Connect with Siobahn on email, or via, via
POSTED 20th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16675
APS5 / 6 Work Health and Safety Officer
Our client is a specialist government agency that supports communities impacted by disaster, with a strong on-the-ground presence and a guiding principle of locally-led recovery. They also deliver initiatives to reduce risk and lessen the impacts of future shocks.
Work in a supportive Health, Safety and Wellbeing Team in the People Services Branch providing WHS support to managers and employees, reviewing the agency’s WHS performance reporting, and assisting with the management of the Work Health and Safety Committee network.
You will also have the opportunity to develop and implement programs for the proactive assessment and management of WHS risks.
This position is being offered as a 6-month non-ongoing contract and there is also a high potential for extension.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that the agency is compliant with all WHS legislation responsibilities and ensure that all roles under both the Enterprise Agreement and WHS legislation are filled and staff have the appropriate requirements to fulfil their roles.
You’ll be working on:
- Providing professional policy advice on WHS legislation
- Assisting in the development and implementation of WHS procedures, guidelines and policies
- Undertaking secretariat duties for the WHS Committee and sub committees
- Conducting risk assessments and workplace audits to understand the nature of workplace risk and identify effective ways to reduce those risks
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a safety management system
- Managing of the agency’s incident reporting processes and responsibilities under the due diligence framework
- Assisting in the facilitation and management of the relevant nomination and training for roles required under the WHS legislation (HSRs, FAOs)
- Monitoring and reporting on costs associated to WHS and related programs
The Ideal Person
As the successful candidate you will have a proven work health safety / injury management background within the public service along with relevant qualifications in work health and safety/injury management.
You will be a self-starter with a strong focus on delivering clear and effective advice, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to cultivate strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- $75K – $85K per year plus Super
- Baseline clearance required
- 6-12 month contract with extension options
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact // Siobahn // on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. // 16675 //.