Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 11th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9296
APS5/6 Security Policy Officer
Our client is a Commonwealth government department which aims to promote the security of Australia and protect its people and its national interests.
This opportunity is an initial 3-month contract role with the view to extend the contract for the right candidate.
This is an opportunity to expand your policy and program experience in the security space. You will have independence in working autonomously and operate under limited direction, thus you must be proactive in taking initiative wherever possible.
This is an opportunity to work on the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP), which helps Australian businesses and innovators protect their information and assets in order to supply goods and services to the department.
In this role, you will work within the Industry Security Policy Team to:
- Maintain the contemporary Defence industry security policy setting
- Implement the new Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) that was launched on the 9 April 2019
- Coordinate and process DISP applications
- Communicate and outreach to stakeholders regarding the DISP, which could include attending events and tradeshows (domestic travel is required)
- Provide security advice to industry stakeholders and refer them to specialists where required
The ideal candidate will have experience in policy development and implementation at the APS6 level. Having security-related knowledge and experience will be advantageous.
It is essential that you have the following qualities:
- Highly motivated, proactive and initiative-driven
- Willing to challenge norms and propose alternative ways of doing business
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Problem solver
You must be an Australian citizen.
You must have a Baseline security clearance.
$45 – $55 per hour + 9.5% super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9296