Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 14th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8883
APS5/6 Project Policy Officer
Our client is a world-renowned science and technology agency that solves real issues to unlock a better future for our community, our economy and our planet.
The agency offers a range of employee benefits including flexible working arrangements, family friendly policies and an excellent all-round collective agreement.
This is an opportunity to expand your policy and program governance experience in a collaborative, strong team that fosters its employees with a great work culture. You will engage with high-level stakeholders including scientists and academics to gather, collate and identify gaps in information to improve the agency’s systems and procedures.
This opportunity is a 6-month contract. You will get to experience the start-to-end process of a technical government project and see the outcomes of your work be implemented practically.
You will work with a supportive team to deliver the project’s objectives. The project aims to identify and fill information gaps and streamline procedures in the agency’s policies and procedures.
You will be directly responsible for:
- Liaising with clients to anticipate their needs, ensuring client satisfaction and correcting problems promptly in a constructive manner
- Establishing networks with other professionals to ensure that the service provided continues to add value
- Delivering training on procedural issues or systems developments to clients and team members
- Developing and reviewing policies, procedures, systems and making recommendations to guide management decisions
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interest of good business practice
- Working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team
This role will be suitable to you if you have experience in governance policy and procedure projects at the APS5 or 6 levels.
You will be a highly proactive, well organised and self-motivated individual who is willing to take on new challenges and initiatives in your work.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and with external stakeholders
- High-level writing skills for writing policies and procedures, a technical and active voice and ability to write in a concise and straightforward manner
- Experience identifying informational gap analysis
- The ability to adapt to rapidly changing timelines
- Experience liaising across a large government agency or department
It will be highly regarded if you have a technical understanding of HR, HSE, security legislative requirements and web authoring using tools such as Sitecore.
You must be willing to interview ASAP and start in the near future.
You must be willing to undergo a police check.
$48 – $63 per hour + 9.5% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8883