Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8978
APS5/6 Procurement Officer
Our client is a government agency that focuses on procurement within the Australian residential housing market. Their principal procurement activities are centered around acquiring and developing land and constructing and purchasing houses.
The agency offers employees an attractive suite of employment conditions including; flexible working arrangements, generous leave entitlements, Christmas shutdown, and learning and development opportunities.
This opportunity is a 12-month non-ongoing role with possible extension for the right candidate. Our client is looking for candidates at both the APS5 and APS6 levels.
This is an opportunity to see significant career progression in a short timeframe. You will expand your skills in the government procurement sector – an area that has seen substantial growth recently and a shortage of candidates. With this experience, you’ll be in high demand for future roles.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake end-to-end management of procurement processes from tender plan to contract, probity management and contract evaluation
- Liaise internally and provide guidance on procurement needs
- Undertake research and data analysis to provide accurate advice to the business
- Prepare and review documented business procedures and processes
- Manage workflow dashboards and action requests to progress and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Oversee data collection, reporting, data integrity and input activities
The ideal candidate will have experience working in Commonwealth government procurement at the APS5/6 level.
You will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Be an analytical and critical thinker
- Have project management skills
- Be highly organised in managing competing deadlines and priorities
- Have the ability to build productive and positive working relationships
- Have excellent communication skills (including written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Have an understanding of procurement and contract management principles
$73k – $93k per year + 15.4% super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8978