Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 31st May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9183
APS5/6 Policy Program Officer
Our client is a Commonwealth government department responsible for developing and implementing national policies and programs that help Australians find and keep employment and work in safe, fair and productive workplaces.
This is an initial 4-month contract role with extension options for the successful candidate. Our client is looking for someone to start ASAP.
It is an opportunity to develop your skills working in the Regional Policy Section, which focuses on increasing emphasis on regional employment issues and strategies.
In this role you will:
- Assist with the development of advice and policy proposals related to the employment portfolio
- Prepare complex and/or sensitive correspondence and corporate documentation, reports, submissions, proposals and briefings as required
- Conduct research and analysis of domestic and international place-based programs and their outcomes
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation
- Liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve policy outcomes
- Assist with the implementation of place-based trial programs
The ideal candidate will have experience in policy or program related roles at the APS5/6 level within a Commonwealth government department or agency.
You will have strong research and written communication skills.
It is desirable, but not essential, for you to have experience in employment-related policy and/or program issues.
You must be an Australian citizen.
You must be willing to undergo a police check.
APS5 $48-$53 per hour + 9.5% super
APS6 $54 – $63 per hour + 9.5% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9183