Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 25th Mar, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10923
APS5/6 Financial Accountant
This Federal agency provides a valuable and essential services to the Australian population. Their programs and deliveries benefit people in need with vital health-oriented services.
This role is being offered as a 6-month non-ongoing contract with view to permanency. This is a great opportunity as you will be working alongside a highly experienced manager and mentor who will invest in your career development.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Completing month end processes to deliver internal and external reporting, including preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss and lead schedules
- Assisting with month end system close off, including general journal preparation and review
- Providing financial advice and administrative support including preparing monthly internal management reports
- Completing accounts payable processes to ensure payment of creditors, process ACM drawdowns and cash management
- Assisting with the preparation of end of year financial statements
- Assisting the Finance Manager in analysing finance processes for continuous improvement
- Assisting with internal budget process and completing estimates updates and monthly actuals in CBMS
- Be responsible for asset management and taxation reporting requirements
This role will suit a high performing Accountant with high accuracy and attention to detail. You will be degree qualified with strong progression toward your CA/CPA. You enjoy problem solving and have the ability to research and apply solutions to accounting treatment issues. As this is a small team, you will be a real team player and enjoy helping your colleagues out when workloads are high.
It is essential you have previous government accounting experience however those who have consulted to government or have audited government financial statements will also be highly regarded.
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
$75k – $95k + super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10923.