Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 21st Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16533
APS5/6 Executive Assistants/Officers
This large Government Department is tasked with the responsibility of advancing Australia and its citizens internationally. Its primary goals are to enhance Australia’s security, contribute to the growth in Australia’s economy and assist Australian travellers overseas.
The department is one of the most sought after employers within the APS and opens up career opportunities for talented EA’s. This role will enable a continuous, career-long investment into skills and capability. If you have been looking for an EA role that will take you out of the norm and into unchartered territory then this is the opportunity for you.
Reporting to an Executive Director your key duties will be:
- Prepare correspondence, including minutes, letters and other written material
- Manage and organise the diary, travel and appointments
- Assist with travel and meetings for other academy staff
- Liaise with other areas of the department and external stakeholders
- Manage office systems and records using MS Office, SAP and TRIM
- Provide support for project and research work
- Undertake administration and coordination tasks for the wider administration staff
You will be friendly and influential with the ability to confidently liaise across senior staff and external bodies. Providing support to your team and building working relationships with them will be a part of your career you most enjoy.
You will need to be up for a challenge, with the ability to work across competing deadlines and provide support to multiple areas at once. Your time management and organisation skills will be paramount in this role. In addition, you will be able to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment and be adaptive to change.
You must have a current NV1 Security Clearance and have previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a Government Agency.
Salary / Rate
- APS5: $79 – $84k + 15.4% super
- APS6: $87 – $98k + 15.4% super
- Barton location
- 12 month non-ongoing contract with extension options – sec26 transfers welcome
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16533.