Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 23rd Apr, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8969
APS4 Procurement and Contracts Officer
Our client is a Federal Government Agency that improves the health outcomes of Australians through the delivery of data and technology systems. They focus on putting data and technology safely to work for patients, consumers and healthcare professionals.
This is an opportunity for a candidate with experience at the APS 3, 4 or 5 levels to break into the procurement and contracts sector within the Australian Public Service. With a shortage of candidates in this sector that has huge growth potential, you will be in high demand for future roles.
You will gain experience managing contract and procurement activities in a proactive and compliant manner, supporting contract managers and assisting with vender administration.
This opportunity is an initial 6-month contract with possible extension for the right candidate.
You will support the contract managers in:
- Day to day operational management of contracts, goods receipting and approval processes
- Managing the Agency Contract Register
- Developing and implementing best practice procurement policies, procedures and service level agreements
- Ensuring appropriate record keeping activity in compliance with relevant protocols
- Identifying and mitigating risks to the Agency
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient, effective and compliant processes
The role will be suitable to you if you have experience in information, knowledge and records management within a government environment. You will have the ability to work collaboratively with external stakeholders and sustain strong long-term working relationships.
You will be a highly proactive, well organised and task-driven individual who is willing to take on new challenges and initiatives in your work.
Experience in a procurement and/or contracts environment is desirable. Knowledge of government procurement practices and systems is highly regarded (AusTender, Digital Marketplace, etc.)
You must be willing to interview ASAP and start in early May.
You must be willing to undergo a police check.
$68K to $72K per annum + 15.4% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8969