Connect with Siobahn on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16733
APS4 HR and Records Advisor
The newly established Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide will inquire into systemic issues and common themes related to defence and veteran death by suicide, including the possible contribution of pre-service, service, transition, separation and post-service issues.
It will be conducted independently of Government and will be informed by individual experiences of defence members, veterans and their families and support networks.
The Royal Commission will make recommendations about any policy, legislative, administrative, or structural reforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a newly established Royal Commission. These roles are suited to candidates who are looking for career development to progress in their HR career
You will work within the HR Team that enables the inclusive, sustainable and high-performing workforce capability and culture of this department. You will assist to drive strategic talent management, learning and leadership programs and workforce planning. You will also provide people services and business partnering across the employee lifecycle, enabling recruitment, pay and conditions, performance and workforce analytics.
As an APS4 HR Officer, you will be required to:
- Support recruitment administration, working on recruitment for ongoing recruitment processes including managing the commencement and contract extension processes for effective and efficient on boarding of staff and contractors
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed for separation, higher duties, internal transfers, modify access requests etc.
- Create Webex and calendar invitations for Wellbeing Checks
- Support the preparation for Learning & development and Commission events
- Pro-actively promote awareness of HR programs and training across the Commission sending communications, as required
- Manage HR inbox for new starter commencements
- Provide general administrative support
- Provide support and backup for undertaking QA of records digitised by the business to ensure adherence to standards and the destruction of the source records.
- Provide support and backup for regular monitoring of Content Manager
- Provide support with updating Content Manager with Access Authorisations to Private Session records
- Provide support and backup for registering any incoming artefacts/correspondence/ or other records into Content Manager
Your Background and Experience
To be successful as a APS4 HR Officer, you will have:
- A knowledge of, or genuine interest in the Human Resources function andor records management
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- And uphold safe work practices and role model APS and Royal Commission behaviours
- Highly developed sense of initiative and demonstrated willingness to be proactive
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- High presentation standard and be articulate and confident
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information
- Effective communication skills to engage with internal and external stakeholdersrecruitment candidates
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and solve problems.
You must be an Australian citizen. You must be willing to undergo a police check. You must have a Baseline security clearance to be successful for this role.
Salary / Rate
- APS4: $40 – $45 per hour + 10.5% Super
- Contract through to 30 March 2024
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Siobahn Condie on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16733.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.