Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 23rd Nov, 2021 REF NO. BBBH15361
APS4 Facilities Officer
Join this this federally funded organisation that has a clear purpose to help support access to education, health and employment services and opportunities for Indigenous Australians. With their operations covering services across a geographically vast area, the organisation is constantly striving to improve their services and delivery to the 45 + network of hostels they manage.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced property administrator or manger to transition into the APS and secure a full-time, 6-month non-ongoing contract with opportunity for extension. Apply your skills in commercial or residential property to gain entry to and forge a career in the Australian Public Service. At the same time, addressing some of the issues to close the gap and improve the lives of Indigenous Australians.
As the Facilities Officer you will drive a number of administrative tasks for the facilities and property management team.
As part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Provide general administrative support to the Facilities Management Officer and Facilities team members
- Provide a high level of customer service in relation to property management enquiries and workflow all requests through to resolution
- Liaise with operational staff, facilities managers and suppliers to engage minor reactive services and manage through to invoicing
- Assist with development of maintenance plans
- Process, approve and/or certify invoices (within appropriate delegation); raise purchase orders within the corporate finance system and maintain all appropriate records and documentation
- Monitor shared mailbox, respond to enquiries and prepare general correspondence
Your Background and Experience
You will ideally have demonstrated experience in property management or property or construction administration – some form of experience in property or facilities is preferred.
You will have excellent organisation and administrative capabilities as well as the ability to communicate effective with a range of people at various levels.
Finally, you will be systems savvy and proficient with MS Office Suite and have the ability to work well within a team.
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply, as well as non-Indigenous jobseekers with a demonstrated commitment to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Salary / Rate
- $65k per year plus 15.4% Super
- Salary Packaging Program includes a benefit of up to $15,900 per FBT year for mortgage, rent or living expenses
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 15361.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.