Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th Jan, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8419
APS4 Executive Assistant - 6 month contract
Our client is a central Federal Government Agency that plays a critical role in assisting wider government to meet and achieve a wide array of objectives and supports policy areas.
This is an opportunity to work with a prestigious government agency to secure a 6 month contract with extension options. In addition, you will have the opportunity to sharpen your skills as an EA by supporting 2 x SES Band 1 and provide comprehensive administration. The contract would initially be offered for 6 months but there is the opportunity to secure a longer contract or even an ongoing government role.
Working to 2 SES in a busy corporate services area, you will work as a high performing Executive Assistant and perform the following duties:
- Manage diary bookings, room bookings, invites and agendas for meetings and appointments and events
- Prepare various forms of written documentation, including emails, ministerial briefs, submissions and letters
- Co-ordinate travel; including flight and accommodation booking, travel allowances and reimbursements
- Management of simple procurement and accounts payable processes as required
- General administrative tasks as required.
You are an organised individual with prior experience as an Executive Assistant in the APS. You are a strong communicator and you bring an exceptional level of professionalism, integrity and discretion to all your interactions with internal and external stakeholders. You are an excellent multi-tasker, have an eye for detail and have the ability to effectively follow direction and procedures as well as think on your feet and problem solve.
In addition you will have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships; and an advanced level of oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed organisational, time management, problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing work priorities
- Proven experience working in a discrete and confidential manner and working with a diverse range of stakeholders and varying your communication style to the individual
- Strong level of proficiency in using Microsoft suite products, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience working in a similar role, either an APS EA or administrative position
- Australian citizenship and a current Baseline clearance are mandatory in order to be considered due to the urgency of filling this role.
An hourly rate of $42 to $47 per hour + 9.5% super will be offered to the successful candidate. Please note, this rate includes casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8419