Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8711
APS4 Executive Assistant
Our client is one of four critical departments that support the highest level of government – the Australian Parliament. They provide services to support the functioning of Australian Parliament and the work of parliamentarians.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the most iconic buildings in Australia, a building in which nearly one million people visit each year. In addition, you will work to support an SES Band 1 in a Building and Security Branch.
Working to an Executive General Manager, you will work as a high performing Executive Assistant and perform the following duties:-
- Manage diary bookings, room bookings, invites and agendas for meetings and appointments and events;
- Prepare various forms of written documentation, including emails, ministerial briefs, submissions and letters;
- Co-ordinate travel; including flight and accommodation booking, travel allowances and reimbursements;
- Management of simple procurement and accounts payable processes as required;
- General administrative tasks as required.
You are an organised individual with prior experience as an Executive Assistant in the APS. You are a strong communicator and you bring an exceptional level of professionalism, integrity and discretion to all your interactions with internal and external stakeholders. You are an excellent multi-tasker, have an eye for detail and have the ability to effectively follow direction and procedures as well as think on your feet and problem solve.
In addition you will have the following:-
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships; and an advanced level of oral and written communication skills;
- Well-developed organisational, time management, problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing work priorities;
- Proven experience working in a discrete and confidential manner and working with a diverse range of stakeholders and varying your communication style to the individual;
- Strong level of proficiency in using Microsoft suite products, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Australian citizenship and a current Baseline clearance are mandatory in order to be considered due to the urgency of this role.
A salary of between $69,000 – $75,000 + 15.4% super will be offered to the successful candidate, pro-rata for the duration of the contract.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on (02) 6108 4878 quoting Ref No. 8711