Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 1st Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12052
APS4 Executive Assistant
Our client is a federal government agency that plays a critical role in assisting wider government to meet and achieve a wide array of objectives around change and project management. This small but key government agency at the forefront of a section of law and have administrative responsibilities for four key pieces of legislation which impact climate change.
This is an opportunity to provide high level executive support to an experienced and respected SES Band 1. Whilst you’d be engaged on an initial 6 month contract, this role is vacant so a permanent role would be available for the right person.
Working to the SES Band 1, you will work as a high performing Executive Assistant and perform the following:
- Manage diary bookings, room bookings, invites and agendas for meetings and appointments and events
- Prepare various forms of written documentation, including emails, ministerial briefs, submissions and letters
- Coordinate travel including flight and accommodation booking, travel allowances and reimbursements
- Management of simple procurement and accounts payable processes as required
You are an organised individual with prior experience as an Executive Assistant in the APS. You are a strong communicator and you bring an exceptional level of professionalism, integrity and discretion to all your interactions with internal and external stakeholders. You are an excellent multi-tasker, have an eye for detail and have the ability to effectively follow direction and procedures as well as think on your feet and problem solve.
In addition, you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Well-developed organisational, time management, problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing work priorities
- Proven experience working in a discrete and confidential manner and working with a diverse range of stakeholders and varying your communication style to the individual
- Strong level of proficiency in using Microsoft suite products, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience working in a similar role, either an APS EA or administrative position
Australian citizenship and a current Baseline clearance are mandatory in order to be considered due to the security requirements for this role.
The Salary / Rate
- $42 – $47 per hour + 9.5% Super (rate includes casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave)
- 6 month contract with view to permanency
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878 quoting reference number 12052.