Connect with Tom on email, or via, via
POSTED 26th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16706
APS4 Administrative Support Officer
The newly established Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide will inquire into systemic issues and common themes related to defence and veteran death by suicide, including the possible contribution of pre-service, service, transition, separation and post-service issues.
It will be conducted independently of Government and will be informed by individual experiences of defence members, veterans and their families and support networks.
The Royal Commission will make recommendations about any policy, legislative, administrative, or structural reforms.
An excellent opportunity for an APS4 Administrator to secure a long-term role through until February 2024 in a Commission that will contribute to wide-ranging systematic reform.
- Career-defining opportunity to be involved in a national inquiry that will make a real impact on future mental health outcomes of defence personnel, veterans, and their families
- You will work in an area that will result in wide-ranging and systematic reform across government and industry
- Work alongside high performing and passionate specialists with a common goal
- Perform a variety of administrative and coordination support tasks for a high-performing team
Under general direction, you will provide support to the Solicitors Assisting team. You will undertake a wide variety of activities related to administrative support.
As an APS4 Support Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling of meetings for the team and witness conferences
- Manage and help prepare correspondence
- Inbox management, meeting minutes
- Undertake legal research duties as required
- Assist the EA cohort in event management
- Support consistent record management, including compliance with the records management system
- Help develop, implement, and improve administration processes and procedures
Your Background and Experience
You will have previous administrative support experience, ideally in the Australian Public Service.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following key skills and competences:
- Highly developed sense of initiative and demonstrated willingness to be proactive
- An understanding of legal jargon
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential information
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to confidently liaise between internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems and manage and meet tight deadlines
- To be eligible for this role you must also be an Australian citizen
Salary / Rate
- $45 – $49 per hour + 10.5% super
- Long term contract until February 2024
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Haskell on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16706.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities, and backgrounds.