Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 3rd Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9168
APS4 Administrative Officer
This Federal Government Department is very high-profile and one of the most sought-after employers within the APS. Holding an advisory role and operating as one of the key pillars of Government, they may be called upon at any time to contribute to discussion on all manners of topics.
This is a unique opportunity to work within a prestigious government department providing support to senior executive officers and branch administration. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable exposure in this high-profile department and perform a variety of supporting duties. Whilst this is a 6-month contract, there is the possibility of extension.
Working in a busy and fast-paced team, the Administration Officer will work to provide support for branch administration and the senior executive officers and will perform the following duties:
- Provide additional administrative support to senior executive officers and the branch
- Provide assistance with obtaining and coordinating weekly reporting requirements
- Assist with organising events, meetings and consultations across government agencies
- Provide administrative support for procurement of materials
- Facilitate with the booking of venues, catering and travel
- General ad hoc administrative and logistical support tasks
You will have demonstrated administration experience, preferably within the APS context but if not, you have had logistics or events experience within the private sector.
You will be able to work in fast-paced environment and will have the following:
- Proven administration capability and the ability to work across a number of areas; events, logistics and other coordination tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an advanced level of oral and written communication
- Good time management, excellent coordination and strong logistical skills
- The ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Strong level of proficiency in using Microsoft suite products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Australian citizenship and a current Baseline clearance are mandatory in order to be considered due to the urgency of filling this role
A rate of $45 per hour + 9.5% superannuation will be offered to the successful candidate.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9168